How to Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer in Daytona Beach
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, slip and fall accident, or due to the neglect or negligence of another person or party, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is choosing the right personal injury lawyer for your case. Personal injury lawyers represent clients who have been hurt due to the neglect or negligence of another person or party. The Graham Law Group, LLC are personal injury attorneys who may be able to help you seek a settlement from insurance companies, seek compensation from negligent parties, and help you seek justice if you’ve been hurt. You’ll want to find a lawyer with whom you feel comfortable. Your personal injury lawyer will need to review your medical records and may need to ask personal questions about your medical history and your accident. When choosing a personal injury lawyer, consider speaking to more than one attorney, first. The Graham Law Group, LLC can speak to you about your case and offer you an honest assessment of your claim, and, if you have a case, our firm can assist you with seeking damages from negligent parties and assist with insurance claims.
What Questions Should I Ask My Personal Injury Lawyer?
Before hiring your personal injury lawyer, consider your first meeting with your attorney a kind of interview. You are trying to determine whether the lawyer is a good match for your case. Here are some questions you can ask your personal injury lawyer during this process.
- What areas of personal injury do you focus on? There are many different types of personal injury law, ranging from medical malpractice law, car accident law, truck accident law, and slip and fall injury law. Speak to your lawyer about your case and ask your attorney whether he or she specializes in your area. A good lawyer will refer you to the right place if he or she cannot handle your case.
- How many cases like mine have you handled and what was the outcome? While the circumstances of every case will be unique, a lawyer will likely have encountered cases similar to yours in the past. Your personal injury lawyer should be able to provide a roadmap forward for your kind of case and help you understand your rights and possible outcomes. Don’t be afraid to ask your lawyer about his or her track record of results.
- Are you willing to take cases to court? Most personal injury cases don’t need to go to court, but you want to hire a personal injury lawyer who is willing to take a case to trial, if needed. Why? Insurance companies may be aware of which lawyers are willing to litigate. Insurance companies might be more willing to offer better settlements to lawyers who aren’t afraid to take cases to court. You want a lawyer who will be willing to use the fullest extent of the law to your advantage.
- Will anyone else handle my case? Some law firms are large and have paralegals handle many aspects of a case. Other firms are small and a single lawyer will work your case from beginning to end. It is a good idea to understand who will be handling your case and when.
- How can I reach you? If you have a pressing question about your case, you want to make sure that you can reach your attorney. While you might not be able to reach your attorney at all hours of the night, it is important to know when you can call, when you can expect a call back, and what expectations are about weekend meetings and after-hours appointments.
- What is my case worth, and how long will this case take to settle? Every case is unique, but your lawyer should be able to provide you with an estimate of what the case might be worth and what the roadmap for your case looks like going forward. For example, does your attorney anticipate litigation?
- What are your fees? The Graham Law Group, LLC will only get paid if you win. It is wise to understand your attorney’s fee structure before moving forward. Most personal injury attorneys take a percentage of your damages when you win your case.
If you feel comfortable with your initial conversation with your personal injury lawyer, you may choose to hire him or her. This is the beginning of a relationship in which your lawyer will work for you to help you get the best possible settlement for your personal injury case. Your lawyer has responsibilities to you, but you also have a responsibility to give your lawyer as much information about the case as possible. Always tell your lawyer the truth and always get information to your attorney in a timely manner. Finally, avoid talking about your case with people who are not your personal injury lawyer. The Graham Law Group, LLC are injury attorneys in Daytona Beach, Florida who work with accident victims. If you have been seriously injured, you may have important rights under the law. Visit our firm today to learn more and to see whether the Graham Law Group, LLC is a good match for you.
Protect Your Rights
You may only have a limited amount of time to seek damages following an accident. Act swiftly to protect your rights. Let the Graham Law Group, LLC speak to insurance adjusters and fight to receive damages from negligent parties. Focus on healing, and leave the legal side of your personal injury case to Trakina Graham.